Cat Care Society (CCS) kicks off its 2014 ‘Tails of the Painted Cats’ Summer Tour at the Lakewood Arts Council (LAC) Gallery, 85 South Union Blvd, during May. A public reception will be held at LAC on Thursday, May 8, 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. (no RSVP necessary) to officially debut the 2014 Painted Cats lineup and unveil the new ‘Flat Cat’ 10” x 10” paintings.
The announcement is made by CCS President Diane Stoner, who says, "We’re thrilled for the community to see the 2014 Painted Cats and our new Flat Cat paintings. We especially appreciate Lakewood Arts Council opening their gallery to us for the fourth year.”
Stoner also shares that CCS is adding ‘People’s Choice’ voting during the Summer Tour this year. Attendees at the various pre-events can vote for their favorite Painted Cat. The artist of the ‘People’s Choice’ Painted Cat will be recognized at The Gala Dinner & Auction, Saturday, July 26 (5 to 9 p.m.) at Pinehurst Country Club. Advance tickets are required for the Gala Dinner & Auction and are now available online at: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e97ar39c4d110352&llr=mvjdg9fab.
New Flat Cat Paintings
The new Flat Cat paintings are available for online viewing at: http://youtu.be/px_CPfNT_kE. The line-up includes:
1. I Love Cats by Ellen Auchter
2. I’ve Been Framed by Susan Becker
3. Cat Eye Glasses by Liz Cooper
4. Breakfast Club by Jane McFadden Dorsey
5. Phaedra by Jane McFadden Dorsey
6. Joy by Betsey Keyser
7. Fluffy by Joan Lee
8. Sam in the Garden by Joan Lee
9. Sofa Cat by Jill McFarland
10. White Cat Ranch by Jackie McFarland
11. Dr. Rico-Time Traveler by Mindy Miklos
12. Kitty Cut-Up by Kristy Rose Millich
13. Owl and the Pussycat by Shirlee Akemi Miyaki
14. Old Glory by Sherri Moore
15. Bubbles by Pam Schmidt
16. Plein-Air Painting by Teresa Thomas
In addition to LAC during May, the 2014 Summer Tour includes:
* May 30 - June 22 - Main Street Gallery in Evergreen - 28186 Highway 73, Evergreen, CO Public Reception: Friday, May 30, 5 to 8 p.m.
* Saturday, June 28 - Cat Care Society - Festival of Felines - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – 5787 W. 6th Avenue, Lakewood, CO
* June 29 - July 20 - special individual appearances throughout the city (to be announced), including the CCS booth at the Denver Dumb Friends League CatFest® and the Tagawa Gardens Grey Kitty's Birthday pet adoption event.
“This is the fourth year for ‘Tails of the Painted Cats’ and we're thrilled to again welcome CBS4 Weather Anchor Ed Greene as our Master of Ceremonies and Douglas M. Tisdale, Esq., Mayor of Cherry Hills Village, as our Auctioneer for the Gala Dinner & Auction. Marianne Lorenz, Curator & Director of Educational Programs at Foothills Arts Center, served as juror for this year’s project," Stoner says.
Raffle Kitty: Edwina Degas by Jane McFadden Dorsey In addition to the Painted Cats being created and auctioned, local artist Jane McFadden Dorsey has again created the project's official 'raffle kitty.' This year it's Edwina Degas, sponsored by CCS Munchkin Cat Corporal Reggie Waddle. For $10.00 per ticket, names are entered in a drawing to take Edwina home. The winner of Edwina Degas will be announced at the July 26th Gala Dinner & Auction.
About Tails of the Painted Cats
Some of the Painted Cats are standing, and some are sitting, but they are all unique, original works of art.
You can view the online gallery of the 2014 painted cats at http://youtu.be/T8XRQP8TWus.
JPGs of the 2014 Painted Cats are available for download at Flickr:
* Gray Background: https://www.flickr.com/photos/catcaresociety/sets/72157643825550534
* White Background: https://www.flickr.com/photos/catcaresociety/sets/72157643826646023
Advanced online bidding is available at http://BidOnACat.Blogspot.com
Event sponsorships for the Gala Dinner & Auction, offering a variety of premium benefits for corporations, are available. Visit: http://www.catcaresociety.org/docs/2014%20TOPC%20Sponsorship%20PackagesTickets.pdf.
Advance tickets are required for the Gala Dinner & Auction and are available online at: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e97ar39c4d110352&llr=mvjdg9fab. Please note that Early Bird Pricing on individual tickets is only available through June 2.
About the Cat Care Society
The CCS, founded in 1981, is a nonprofit organization established to improve the quality of life for homeless, injured and abused cats in the Denver metropolitan area. The Society's goals are:
* To sponsor educational programs that promote responsible pet ownership, humane treatment of all animals, and the elimination of pet overpopulation;
*To shelter cats in a healthy, cage free environment and to find compatible and responsible families for every cat;
* To provide community outreach programs that improve the quality of life for cats and people;
* To be a friend to all cats.
The CCS is supported by a number of loyal members and contributors, without whom the shelter could not operate. CCS receives no government funding. In addition, CCS volunteers assist with many fundraising activities each year. For more information, visit http://www.catcaresociety.org.
Contact: Maggie Chamberlin Holben, APR, Absolutely PR on behalf of the Cat Care Society – http://www.absolutelypr.com – 303-984-9801, email@example.com